Number of multiple choice questions I answered during medical school and residency.
- Basic science exams - 2,400 practice questions and 7,000 exam questions
- NBME Shelf Exams - 3,000 practice questions and 1,200 exam questions
- USMLE Step I - 3,000 practice questions, 336 exam questions
- USMLE Step II - 2,000 practice questions and 368 exam questions
- USMLE Step III - 1,000 practice questions and 480 exam questions
- ABIM Exam - 1,500 practice questions and 240 exam questions
- ABPM Exam - 130 practice questions and 200 exam questions
- 22,854 total questions (give or take a thousand)
Some statistics about my medical residency.
- Residency length = 1,099 days (157 weeks or 26,376 hours).
- Number of days worked = 846 days.
- Number of hours worked = 11,089 hours.
- Number of overnight/call shifts worked = 201 days.
- Time spent in general medical in-patient services = 336 days.
- Time spent in the ICU/CCU = 192 days.
- Time spent in other specialized units = 84 days.
- Time spent in the ER = 84 days.
My Erdös Number is 3.
- Path: Paul Erdös, Aviezri Fraenkel, Yaacov Yesha, Michael Grasso
My trumpet/jazz teachers.
- Harold Lieberman (high school).
- Richard Lowenthal (college).
- Emile DeCosmo (college).
- Wayne Cameron (as a comeback player).
- John Blount (as a comeback player).
A Few Firsts.
- My First Job - Seasonal work making Christmas wreaths
- My First Car - 1973 Ford Gran Torino
- My First Computer - IBM XT with an Intel 8088 4.77 MHz processor
- My First Computer Programming Book - "Elementary Basic, as chronicled by John H. Watson"
- My First Trumpet - Olds Ambassador
- First and last time I saw Maynard Ferguson in concert.